Citizens of Bolivar County,
My name is Anthony “Pates” Gibson, a resident of Cleveland, Mississippi. I am currently the Chief of Police for the Town of Beulah, Mississippi. I’m also the former Chief of Police for the cities of Drew and Shaw, Mississippi. I’m a native born of the City of Rosedale, for which my law enforcement career started there as Juvenile Detention Officer for the Bolivar County Sheriff Department and Former Personnel and File Director for Rosedale Police Department. I’m a successful Federal and State grant writer. My plans for a healthier and improved Bolivar County is:
- To improve investigative services (solving cold case murders; burglaries; etc., and by actually conducting field investigations).
- To bring back a balanced budget.
- To write federal and state grants to reduce county costs. Write grants for agencies for police officers and equipment.
- To put deputies back into the county to patrol countywide areas such as residents, schools, businesses, farmland and livestock.
- To put deputies back on the West-side of Bolivar County, for which it is the first county-seat. To establish duty stations for deputies at police departments throughout the county. My “Full-Circle-Policy.”
- And provide due process for Bolivar County Sheriff employees. No more from hire-to-fire policy.
To provide an open door policy – Your calls will not be ignored; nor will I dodge you talking with me; we’ll have a discussion. Here is my personal mobile number:
I have a vast array of experiences, including training at the FBI Virtual Academy; Graduated Delta State University in Criminal Justice; Federal and State Grant Writing skills from the Mississippi Attorney General’s Office and Jackson State University; and The Institute of Violence Against Women of which I am a policy council member. Please consider me as your next Sheriff of Bolivar County!!!
Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law, happy is he.”
www.GibsonForBolivarSheriff.com – campaign website
@Gibson4Sheriff – Twitter